If you would prefer us to email or fax you this contract, please contact us with your information and we will be happy to forward this contract to you.
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to call or email us!
16217 Interstate 40 • Shamrock, TX 79079
This certifies that _______________________________________, herein referred to as Mare
SHIPPED SEMEN CONTRACT
(name of mare owner)
Owner, has engaged one service to the stallion ___________________________________ for the
(name of stallion semen is to be collected from)
mare _____________________________________________, Reg. No. ____________________
(name of mare to be receiving semen)
for the 2017 breeding season at $____________ live foal / live, colored foal / Triple foal guarantee.
(circle one for the appropriate stallion)
Odyssey Ranch, owner/agent for the above named stallion, will herein be referred to as Breeder.
This service is subject to the following:
1. This contract is good for one foal. Multiple foals from the same mare in the same breeding season
(embryo transfer) will require a separate contract and breeding fee for each resulting foal. The only
exception to this would be twins that are carried throughout term and foaled by one mare.
2. A non-refundable booking fee of $150 of the above breeding fee is payable with this contract. The
The current shipping fee of $260.00 includes the following services:
balance plus all unpaid expenses, fees and costs must be paid before any semen will be shipped,
unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon between Mare Owner and Breeder.
Payment of shipping and courier fees may be subject to change without notice.
If the mare does not conceive with the first shipment of semen, no additional breeding fee is
- Handling fee (collecting, preparing, and packing semen)
- Courier to destination (Federal Express, etc.)
- Federal Express shipping costs
- Equine Express II Disposable Container
required, however, Mare Owner is required to pay the shipping/collection fee for each
semen collection that is shipped.
A photocopy of registration papers (both sides) shall be sent to the Breeder with this contract, unless
other arrangement have been discussed with Breeder.
Typical collection days will be Monday through Thursday, but other arrangements may possibly be made
3. All semen orders must be received by 3:00 p.m. PST the day before the requested collection date. Late
on special request. Friday collection for Saturday delivery will require additional fee as per Federal
orders are not guaranteed.
4. Semen shall be provided only to healthy mares in sound breeding condition as determined by a
5. The purchaser is entitled to 2 semen shipments per estrus cycle, for no more than 3 cycles per breeding
season unless agreed to by Breeder.
6. Purchaser agrees to have mare examined for pregnancy by veterinarian at 28 days post ovulation and
again at 60 days.
7. Purchaser agrees that chilled semen requires special handling and that attempts to breed any mare
outside controlled conditions and by inexperienced personnel/handlers can greatly reduce, and in some
cases prevent, chances of conception.
8. Mare Owner Responsibility - The responsibility for conception is on the Mare Owner. A qualified,
experienced licensed veterinarian competent in the use and handling of cooled semen should perform the
insemination. If Mare fails to conceive from first shipment, Mare Owner is required to have Mare cultured by
veterinarian and infused, if necessary. Results from Culture and Sensitivity test results should be faxed to
ODYSSEY RANCH when requesting next shipment. The Breeder, in its sole discretion, may refuse to ship
semen beyond three shipments if the Breeder believes the insemination is not proper or the Mare is not
9. Purchaser agrees to return all insemination certificates to the Breeder/Odyssey Ranch within 30 days of
insemination. Failure to comply could inhibit registration of resulting foal.
10a. Live Foal Guarantee. Live foal means the foal shall stand and nurse. It is understood that if the mare
proves barren, aborts her foal, or if the foal is stillborn, A RETURN SEASON WILL BE GUARANTEED
THE FOLLOWING YEAR ONLY, providing proper notification is given. Proper notification shall be defined
as follows: Written certification by a licensed veterinarian within seven days that the mare has slipped or
produced a non-viable foal. Mare Owner certifies that such abortion or death did not result from any act or
omission of the Mare Owner during the mare's pregnancy and that the mare's immunizations for equine
rhinopneumonitis (Equine Herpes Type 1) have been kept current.
10b. Colored Foal Guarantee. "Colored" foal is defined as a foal that is at least a single dilute
(palomino, buckskin, dunskin or dunalino), unless bred to a gray, which might produce the above
described colors including gray. Should the foal not be of the colors previously described (including gray),
Mare Owner will be entitled to a return breeding privilege for the same mare the following season.
10c. Triple Foal Guarantee. Includes a live, colored (as described in sections 10a & 10b) and patterned
foal. "Patterned" foal is defined as color broken with white. Should the foal not have sufficient color to
be registered as a Regular Paint under the guidelines of the American Paint Horse Association OR not be
of a single dilute color as described above OR not stand and nurse, Mare Owner will be entitled to a return
breeding for the same mare the following season.
"LIVE FOAL", "COLORED FOAL" or "TRIPLE FOAL" GUARANTEE WILL BECOME VOID IF THIS MARE IS SOLD OR TRANSFERS OWNERSHIP.
11. The breeding season in force for this contract shall begin February 1st and close October 1st of the year
covered by this contract.
12. It is further agreed that should the above named stallion die, or become unfit for service, or, if the above
named mare dies during the breeding season, then the Mare Owner may substitute another mare or breed
the above named mare to another stallion on the farm that is agreed to by both the Mare Owner and
13. A breeder's certificate will be issued to Mare Owner after all expenses have been paid in full and upon
notification of the birth of the foal.
14. The booking fee is not refundable.
15. Liability: Odyssey Ranch is not responsible for lost, delayed, or damaged semen and makes no
representatives or warranties of any kind with respect to semen except that it is the stallion's and is viable
semen at time of shipment.
16. This contract cannot be reassigned or transferred by purchaser/Mare Owner.
17. Payment methods: Cash, cashiers check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard (there will be an
additional credit card processing fee).
18. This contract, when signed by the Mare Owner and the Breeder and accompanied by payment of the
breeding/booking fee, shall be a binding contract on both parties on the above terms and conditions.
This contract constitutes the entire agreement between parties concerning breeding of Mare and
Stallion and supersedes all other agreements or understandings between the parties whether oral or
written concerning the breeding of the Mare and Stallion. This contract is not valid unless completed in
Date ____________ ________________________________________
Signature of Mare Owner or Authorized Agent
Date ____________ ________________________________________
Signature of Stallion Owner or Authorized Agent
Home Phone:_____________________ Work Phone: _____________________________
Cell Phone: ______________________ FAX No. _____________________________
Ship To: ________________________________________________________________
Phone:___________________________ FAX No. _____________________________
APPROXIMATE SHIPPING DATE (if known): __________________________________
Please call Odyssey Ranch to confirm this contract before mailing. To process contract, print out two copies, fill out, sign both, mail both with booking fee, along *with copy of mare's papers to ODYSSEY RANCH to address above.